Re: RES: [Metastockusers] Function

You can exit the trade on time or in your case 5 day by going to the
stops tab and set inactivity Stop on points 1000 and  period 5(days).
No stock moves 1000 point in 5 day so your exit will be exit on the
5th day...

POSrich

Trade Stations is easy to code MS has limits I find needed
functions, Access to the dates would help..I have Pro ver 8.0. If
you do not you can lease it month to month from qcharts 200.00...

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Schulzbacher"
<schulzbacher@xxxx> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> Excuse my lack of experience, but I didn't find any function in the
> metastock, that makes to do exit (close long) "x" days after me to
have
> entered in the transaction (enter long). I tried Barssince
("logical") =5,
> in that the variable "logical" was the expression used for "enter
long", and
> the number 5, the period that wanted to leave, meantime didn't
work, this
> leaves in different periods every time. below they follow the
formulas:

> Enter long:
>
> HHVBars(C,20)<7 AND L <LLV(C, 5)
>
> Close long:
>
> BarsSince(HHVBars(C,20)<7 AND L <LLV(C, 6)) =5
>

> In the tradestation, it worked (i try) like this:
>
> Input: Xdays (14);
> If Highest Bar(High,20)[1] <7 and Low <Lowest
> (Low,5)[l] then buy tomorrow on the open:
> If BarsSinceEntry - Xdays then exitlong attn the close:
>
> Notice that in the tradestation the function
exists "BarsSinceEntry" and in
> Metastock, i didn't find similar.

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/zMEolB/TM