Re: [Metastockusers] Function

> Excuse my lack of experience, but I didn't find any function in the
> metastock, that makes to do exit (close long) "x" days after me to have
> entered in the transaction (enter long). I tried Barssince ("logical") =5,
> in that the variable "logical" was the expression used for "enter long",
and
> the number 5, the period that wanted to leave, meantime didn't work, this
> leaves in different periods every time. below they follow the formulas:
>
> Enter long:
>
> HHVBars(C,20)<7 AND L <LLV(C, 5)

This construction will work both in the System Tester (7.22 and lower at
least) and with tools such as MSBT, Trade Equity, and TradeSim.
  {Timed Exit}
D: = 10; {exit delay from entry leading edge}
N:=HHVBars(C,20)<7 AND L <LLV(C, 5); {entry signal}
Tr:=If(PREV<=0,If(N,1,0),
If(BarsSince(PREV<= 0)=D,-1,PREV));
Tr = -1; {exit signal}

Roy