Re: Was thinking of Metastock but now not so sure

OK  I  decided to watch for a few weeks before jumping in.
Now, i think i will not.     I dont know why anyone would accept  installing
your own patches and all this  file management and screen saving... and
not being able to write formulas the way you might want to with a programming
language or some  "Easier" language.  Frankly, i never had much luck
in not losing part of my tables in those spreadsheet type files.
  I mean , look how AOL does your patches.  You expect it to do the updates
as you sign off, very seldom.  Or you download the new version and expect it
to run to completion perfectly and work right.   And see how a clean install
of
Win98 runs (with disk formatted).  It is fairly trouble free, except mine is
slower
than Win95 for heavy applications.   And dont try the dual monitor if you have
demanding apps, because it does not keep up, even with good boards.
  The Metastock technical support seems good, but the system seems like a lot
of learning and  work to me.
 Well,  I hope  Metastock has a good answer to  TradeStation2000.
The real answer is  hiring and keeping an adequate staff of the very best
experienced programmers and experts.
  Stocks are complicated enough without having to be computer technicians
and programmers ourselves.  I am  looking for better.  The real time
charting system i use for swing trading works fine with no overhead and
no training.    It handles all download and file management and i just put the
symbol into the windows.  I think I  will get by until i see better.
Has anyone thoroughly checked out  Tradestation2000 ?  I did read the
older T/S book with examples and the language looks  EASY-er to me.
If they fixed the chart clarity and better ease of use,  i dont see why
it would not work.
  Also,  I think you guys should  code your topics with key words like:
programming,  files,  upgrades, formulas, indicators, datafeed,  etc.

 And i think Metastock should have a dedicated FULL TIME time person teaching,
explaining and describing new offerings on here EVERY day.
RS