From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Equis Support
Sent: Friday, February 19, 1999 11:50 AM
To: 'metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: Missing File

Yes, there is a batch file running at that point.  What it is doing is
looking at the registry.  If it can't find what it is looking for the
batch quits and the patch continues.  I suspect, in many cases, those of
you having problems at 37% have large registry files and the search is
going on, but you may think it has stopped.

The documentation from RT Patch (Pocket Soft) tells you how to use batch
processes.  If batch processes aren't to be used they certainly wouldn't
tell you how to do it.

In most of the cases we have found, the reason the patch doesn't work is
because it isn't a complete file after you download it.  The patch will
start because the patch executable code is up front.  But, it won't
finish because the entire code needed isn't available in a partial file.
If you don't get the congratulations message, the patch is not complete.

The current MSWIN652.EXE patch is 4844 KB (4.5 megabytes).  If the size
is different on your drive after downloading it, you didn't get the
complete patch and it will fail.

The MSWIN652A.EXE patch is simply there for the people that already
utilized the 1/22/99 MSWIN652.EXE.  It fixes a problem we hadn't yet
fixed in that patch.  The MSWIN652.EXE file currently available contains
the fix in MSWIN652A.EXE.

We have thousands of customers who have used our patches successfully.
We also have some customers who have not been able to use our patches
successfully.  I don't think it is necessarily the patch.

Equis Support
http://www.equis.com/
http://www.equis.com/customer/support/
Please include previous email answers and questions in your response.

Equis and MetaStock and MetaStock Professional are registered trademarks
of Equis International.  Achelis Binary Wave, The DownLoader, Expert
Advisor, OptionScope, Quotecenter, and Smart Charts are trademarks of
Equis International.