Off-Topic: Why Clinton WON'T be impeached.

Reasons for the Ken Starr / Republican inquisition of Clinton?

It occurred to me awhile back that the real reason behind the
inquisition of Clinton, deserving as he may be, is that it's the only
way the republicans have much chance to increase their congressional
seats in the upcoming election. Throw mud at the President, and maybe
some will fly off and stick to other democrats too.

Idea: Clinton impeached and removed from office.  Al Gore becomes
President, almost an automatic shoe-in for President in 2000.

Nope, won't happen.

Prediction 1: Congress will make Clinton sweat, but, in my opinion, they
won't actually vote to impeach him. Its all smoke and mirrors to make
the democrats look bad. No way do they want Gore in as President right
now.

Prediction 2: Actually it won't matter, the republicans will throw
another ultra-conservative candidate in for presidential office, and
Gore will win anyway.

Dave (a moderate republican, btw)