Re: "The Seduction of a President" by Kenneth Starr

Lionel
I agree with your comments below, and make one or two (hopefully
sympathetic) observations as someone outside the American culture:
1.   Bill Clinton as a human male is one thing, and probably rightly now
faces the music for foolish decisions.   But the Office of the President
is the one really copping the flack, and that induces in me a vicarious
feeling of shame for all of you.   This sort of washing should not be
hung out for the world to deride (or, as the Arabic world describes it,
to be "naked in the marketplace" having no dignity).   Anyone causing
this to happen, or contributing to it in any self-righteous way, should
be roundly condemned (whether hiding behind the law, or not) for
bringing shame on the dignity of the American people.
2.   If formal charges of impeachment are actually brought against the
President, do not all your revered (but red-blooded) presidents of the
past ipso facto stand condemned also.   Some of their libidinous
exploits are pretty well documented.   Let well alone and don't allow
witch-hunts to ruin your national identity, and role in the world.
If you really feel you have to nail someone in high office, wait until
he is separated from that high office, for everyone's sake.
This from an outsider and is only MHO.
Michael
Any replies offlist, please.