Re: Metastock & DiNapoli Levels

At 04:57 AM 7/30/98 GMT, you wrote:
>On Wed, 29 Jul 1998 21:24:56 -0700, you wrote:
>
>>Posting the formulas on the Metastock list would
>>do a disservice to list members. This is because
>>the formulas are not useful, and are dangerous without
>>the theory on how to apply them.
>
>This is pure BS.  Never, ever, do I use a formula without first doing
>back testing on several equities, or indices..  THEN testing real
>time.

To do back-testing would require the theory of how to use the
formulas. The formulas are available at no cost to those
who purchase Joe's book. I can save you some time and a lot
of back-testing, without the theory, the formulas are
worthless (you would conclude that they are no better
than any other formula). This is not a mechanical system.
Sorry to disappoint you, I wish I could just provide the code
to you to prove what I'm saying. It would be a waste of your time.

>Any true "scientific" method requires analysis and validation.
>

>No reply needed.
>
>-= Chris ß =-

Any "scientific" validation requires complete knowledge of the
theory on how to apply the formulas. I repeat, they are useless
and dangerous without the theory.

-Neal.

---
DiNapoli Fibonacci techniques -