RE: Metastock & DiNapoli Levels

  • To: Metastock List <MetastockList@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Metastock & DiNapoli Levels
  • From: Neal Hughes <neal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 01:32:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Bill,

Several Metastock users have asked for the formulas,
and I'd be glad to help in the same way as I've
been helped by Metastock users over the years.

I've talked to Joe DiNapoli about posting them
to the list, because they are his concepts and
are published on his proprietary web pages. For
me to distribute them without his approval
would be a breach of trust. This email is a result
of my discussions with him.

Posting the formulas on the Metastock list would
do a disservice to list members. This is because
the formulas are not useful, and are dangerous without
the theory on how to apply them.

The formulas are used for determining high-probability
trades, their entry points, profit objectives, and stop-loss
levels.

But the formulas cannot be followed blindly. It
is not a mechanical system. One of the DiNapoli
techniques is to fade the signals of one
of the formulas under specific conditions. This is
because that formula is used to determine
when traders are taking a popular indicator (Stochastic)
signal against the highly probable market direction.

In summary, the formulas are not useful, and are even
dangerous without the knowledge of how to use them.
Readers should visit DiNapoli's website for how to
learn to use the formulas (the formulas are available
free to DiNapoli clients).

I wish it could be as easy as posting a magical formula!
Unfortunately trading is not like that.

Best wishes,
-Neal.

At 12:15 PM 7/20/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Neal,
>
>Would you  mind sending me a copy of those formulas?  I don't have
>access to Mr. DiNapoli's private area.    Mailto:support@xxxxxxxxx.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Bill Forman
>Customer Support Manager