Why do trading gurus market services?

Things are quiet at the moment, so here is the question of the day:

I have read many books written by technical analysts, and I have visited
many web sites selling information about good future prospects in stocks,
and I have seen many ads concerning a seminar for teaching winning
stock/futures trading systems.

1. The one question that always comes to my mind first is, *why* would
anyone who was making money on the stock/futures market, need to market
anything?
2. If I had a good system, and I was making a good profit every trading day
of the week, it seems to me that I would be on the computer every trading
day making trades. Why would I waste my time doing anything else that made
me *less money* for my time?
3. Why are these people not rich?

(Side note: A man called me the other day at my office and offered to teach
me a winning futures trading system for only $5000.00. I guess I'll never
know if I passed up a bargain or not.)

Regards
Zane Kori
Abilene, TX