Re: Why do trading gurus market services?

Zane:

Last summer there was a lively exchange on this very topic.

I agree with the other responses that mentioned recognition, another factor
is self promotion.

If anyone had a superduper trading system, why indeed would they sell it or
give it away for the price of a book or seminar? While the author(s) of
books have to give some information to the reader or the course attendee,
they probably don't/wont tell everything that makes the system work for
them. Consider this, Lee Iaccoca mentioned in his book that Henry Ford 11
complained that he couldn't get hamburgers anywhere that were as good as
those in the Ford executive dining room. Iaccoca asked the chef how he did
it.  The chef answered that he starts of with filet mignon and that
anything that starts off with filet mignon will be good! A good chef is
careful who he tells his secrets to.

You did the right thing to turn down the trading system, if it is so good,
why doesn't he use it himself?

Dont misunderstand me. I have benefited from many of the books I've read,
and from the postings here.

Lionel Issen