Re: [amibroker] Re: Ideas for Swing Trading?

Thanks Ara. I have the feeling that we have some serious communication problems so let us not waste our time anymore and stop this issue. BTW I understand and do agree what you are saying ...

Regards, Ton.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 1:46 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Ideas for Swing Trading?

Ton,

In real time trading, the brain can do things that you don't even think of coding as part of a system ... so if you trade well you can do very well with a leveraged instrument. Needless to say leverage is a double edge sword!!!

You certaily need to have a good basis to trade from... and it has to be quantifyable which means you can code it. Suggest a system that you get 60%+ winning trades with 2:1 win / loss amount.

Need to operate with multiple time frames and have a good understanding of support / resistence issues as well as fibs.

When you trade the NQ (or any other single instrument) you give up diversification and all the benefits and limitations that go with it. So trading a single issue with leverage gives you a lot of potential if traded well. Traded poorly of course can be disasterous.

I don't necessarily recommend day trading, as it is a very personal decision.

If you average 5 trades per day with a 2 point profit per trade and 2 contracts, that's $400 (before comm). Assume you need 5 times the assets of your average trade, so you would need $20K to be able to trade at this level.

Does this sound reasonable to you? If yes, that is a 2% return!!! If it's not reasonable, then do the math for what you feel is reasonable. Also figure in the percentage of time that you are not available or do not feel like trading.

I have said all I will say about this ... I am not interested in convincing you to day trade.... just trying to give you some of my perspective.... good luck

Ara