Re: [amibroker] Re: Ongoing problem with black chart panes in saved Layouts. Help!

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Ongoing problem with black chart panes in saved Layouts. Help!
  • From: "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 13:58:19 +0200

> Yes, I understand the difference between copy and move, TJ.  And I
> also understand wasted drive space, even if it's a small amount.  I'd
> like to not have identically named files all over my AB tree, and
> then have to guess which one is linked to which pane, or which
> database, or whatever.

First: AFL files are small - even if there are copies "wasted" space is just few kilobytes max.
Second: no one forces you to keep duplicates - once you copy and
insert copied file as a chart you may delete old chart (that uses old file).

> What many people have been asking for, for quite some time, is a
> "sticky" sizeable file dialog box. As you know, the one provided by
> Redmond is not sticky.  You can resize it, but every time it opens it
> opens to the same absurdly tiny size.

Something is wrong with your computer.
My "redmont" dialog box IS resizable and KEEPS its size.

> The Microsoft file dialog box
> is pathetic.
No it is not. It keeps the size on Win XP, 2000, Millenium, 2000.

>Please bypass it if you can.  Sorry for the rant.
No. Most basic principle in software design is to keep standards.
I am not going to replace standard windows file dialog.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

Help Sudanese refugees rebuild their lives through GlobalGiving.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjNroD/EbOLAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM