Re: [amibroker] Re: Ongoing problem with black chart panes in saved Layouts. Help!

Hi Tomasz,

Sunday, September 11, 2005, 6:23:23 PM, you wrote:

>> TJ> Copy them to "Formulas\Custom" and re-insert them from there.
>>
>> Copy them using what?  I am under the impression we should never use
>> Windows Explorer for copying or moving AB files.

TJ> Do you understand the difference between COPY and MOVE operation ???
TJ> Do you understand that COPY does NOT affect original file ?

TJ> If you do you will clearly understand that it DOES NOT MATTER
TJ> with which tool you do the copy.

>> I'm afraid to move a damn thing.

TJ> "to move" Who told you to move? It was written "COPY".
TJ> "Damn thing" ??? It is just the file.

TJ> Again please read EXACTLY what I write. COPY and MOVE is NOT the same.
TJ> And it is not harsh response. It is DETAILED explanation that is intended to
TJ> point out the fundamental difference between COPY and MOVE operation.

TJ> Best regards,
TJ> Tomasz Janeczko

Yes, I understand the difference between copy and move, TJ.  And I
also understand wasted drive space, even if it's a small amount.  I'd
like to not have identically named files all over my AB tree, and
then have to guess which one is linked to which pane, or which
database, or whatever.

What many people have been asking for, for quite some time, is a
"sticky" sizeable file dialog box. As you know, the one provided by
Redmond is not sticky.  You can resize it, but every time it opens it
opens to the same absurdly tiny size.

I really don't like having to rely on a third-party vendor that is
very small and may not even be around tomorrow to provide a file
dialog box that, when I open it, I know it will size the dialog box
to something useful, which in MY case means about 900 or more pixels
wide by at least 600 deep.  I know you are in some cases limited by
Microsoft tools, but I'm betting you could improve this very poor
aspect of AB very easily.

How many people have how many files in one folder, and therefor have
to resort to scrolling in the dialog box to get to the file they want
to pick?  My guess is, a lot of them.  The Microsoft file dialog box
is pathetic.  Please bypass it if you can.  Sorry for the rant.

Yuki

Make a difference. Find and fund world-changing projects at GlobalGiving.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/PcNrnD/PbOLAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM