[amibroker] Relativity of Candle Patterns

DT:

The Babson lines (sometimes called Action/Reaction
lines) are simply lines parallel to trendlines or the median line for a
pitchfork (standard or Schiff construction).  Here are Babson lines that
were drawn "out of the air" for the time frame that you used for N225 using
A,B,C pivots.  The levels and corresponding colors are shown in the dialog
box.  The options for line extension to the left and "warning" lines above
and below are chosen.  The second chart shows a Schiff pitchfork with the
same A/R lines (see dialog box).  Depending on length of time being
studied, log scaling might be indicated for either one.  Bottom line,
imo, these constructions can be useful but as with any indicator should be
used in conjunction with other indicators and not in a vacuum.  I
suspect that you lean toward mechanical systems.  IMO, unless one
has a remarkably sophisticated system charting tools are most probably not a
good basis for such systems.  Indicators of this nature identify
"heads up" areas in the future that together with other analysis translate into
buy/sell decisions.

Bill
<BLOCKQUOTE