[amibroker] The AB Fib Time tool could be better

Ken,
I didn't explain the usual Fib pattern since it is easily available.
The question is the same : Why not 0.382, why not 0.500, why yes the
0.618. If you have already two Long positions at 0.382 AND 0.50,
would you keep on buying the 0.618 ? The bad news is that there is NO
priority rule, all levels are equally probable [this is the wrong use
of the statistics, 0.382 WAS perfect 3 months ago but 1.61 WAS true
gold 9 months ago etc etc].
Note also that we speak for emotional trading in front of 0.618 [with
0.382 AND 0.50 already false]. Is this 0.618 the only emotional
factor this specific day? Certainly not. Some INTC would announce
results [loosing -2.5% one h before the announcement...], some OPEC
meeting is ready to decide, your cash flow is not in the best
condition etc. I hope you know the situation and you will probably
agree with my hesitations.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> Dimitris:
>

> Hello:  thanks for this unique code, innovative and interesting as
is
> most of your postings.
>

> I am not criticizing your observations but I would make my own
> observation that the reversal at D in your diagram is almost
exactly at
> the 0.618 retracement of the STRAIGHT support fib lines drawn from a
> bottom at you're a to the top at C.  This does not in any way
invalidate
> your observations, and I myself would not make a buy on the day a
bar
> hits one of the fib ratios, but would it be possibly true that
hitting a
> more traditional "STRAIGHT" support fib retracement ratio could be
> considered a SETUP and then if the next x bars (say three) are up,
or a
> very short EMA of price turns up, then that could be confirmation
and
> one could enter then with more confidence??  Is it not a
possibility?
> Further, the weekly chart shows that the very same low is 38.2% fib
> retracement from the low on 5/2/2003 to the same "C" top on
4/15/2004.
> I believe it is "common" knowledge among those who use these setups
that
> the probabilities are higher when different time frame reversals
occur
> at common fib retracement levels.
>

> Thanks again for your innovative coding.
>

> Ken

Fib
> traders would also fail
>
> to catch the proper Buy level.
>
> This failure sounds somehow descriptive now but it could cost a lot
of
> money, because
>
> 1. 0.382 [negative]
>
> 2. 0.500 [negative again]
>
> 3. 0.618 [the great secret for many silent traders, but, negative
again]

> 4. 0.786 [many traders leave "the others" buy at 0.618 and come and
buy
> everything at the tricky 0.786 but, the market is negative again]
>
> 5. 1.000 [Well, there is no doubt we still have a bullish
environment,
> the market will react at this level, but, negative again]
>
> 6. 1.618[the situation is serious now, buy at this level is
equivalent
> to a bank guarantee etc etc]
>
> This is the most tragic case, IMO. These buyers still wait, the
market
> ignored their intension, the market
>
> was not interested for the color of their money, if they still want
> buy let us take now a +2% and a +2.4%
>
> and, if they forget these Fib stories, let them buy +5% higher. If
they
> do not agree, they will pay another +5%
>
> 3 days later, it is a free market, they may buy whenever they
want !!

> Since it is a real story and  not a trade-fiction, I think I will
never
> place an order at any Fib level, horizontal
>
> or [the new] oblique.
>
> Dimitris Tsokakis
>

> Check AmiBroker web page at:
> HYPERLINK "http://www.amibroker.com/"http://www.amibroker.com/
>
> Check group FAQ at: HYPERLINK
> "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html"http://
grou
> ps.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> HYPERLINK
> "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129900pdd/M=285832.4915498.6053011.1269
404/

D=groups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1087142265/A=2105440/R=0/SIG=14dpdlr1u/*h
tt
> p:/www.householdfinance.com/ln/TrackingServlet?
cmd_MediaCode=&fc=APS&mkt

=000&mc=01PSYAYA004001B220000U0300L0010000000000&dest=HOME_PAGE"click
> here
>

>  HYPERLINK
> "http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=285832.4915498.6053011.1269404/D=group
> s/S=:HM/A=2105440/rand=105087720"
>

>    _____
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> *	To visit your group on the web, go to:
> HYPERLINK
> "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/"http://groups.yahoo.com/gr
oup/
> amibroker/
>
> *	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> HYPERLINK
> "mailto:amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?
subject=Unsubscribe"amibro