Re: [amibroker] Helper duudes: Whadya say let's work up a to do list for noob's ?

This is code which Stephane posted on 2/23/2004. i hope it is what you
want...
let us know if it works for you.
ron

The code in AFL for Darvas Box is below, everyone can change it to
suit the conditions he wants

stephane

//////////begin/////////

box1=0;
box2=0;

procedure fillDarvas(start,end,swap,top, bottom )
{
   for ( j = start; j < end; j++)
   {
       if( box1[j] = swap)
 	box1[j]= top ;
	else
	box1[j]= bottom;

       if(box2[j] = swap)
 	box2[j]= bottom ;
	else
	box2[j]= top;
   }
}

BoxArr1 = 0;
BoxArr2 = 0;
StateArray = 0;
DBuy = 0;
DSell = 0;
TopArray = 0;
BotArray = 0;
tick=0;

BoxTop = High[0];
BoxBot = Low[0];
swap=0;
state = 0;
BoxStart = 0;

for (i=0; i<BarCount; i++)
{
 if (state==5)
 {
  TopArray[i]=BoxTop;
  BotArray[i]=BoxBot;
  if (Low[i]<(BoxBot*(1-tick/100)) || High[i]>(BoxTop*(1+tick/100)))
  {
fillDarvas(BoxStart,i,swap,BoxTop,BoxBot);

  state = 1;
  swap =  !swap;
  BoxTop = High[i];
  BoxStart = i;
  }
 }
 else
 {
  if (High[i]<BoxTop)
  {
      if ((state<3) || (Low[i]>BoxBot))
      {
   state++;
   }
      else
   {
      state=3;
   }
      if (state==3)
      BoxBot=Low[i];
  }
  else
  {
      state=1;
      BoxTop=High[i];
  }
 }
 StateArray[i] = state;
}

fillDarvas(BoxStart,BarCount,swap,BoxTop,BoxBot);

Plot(C,"",1,64);
Plot( box1, "" , colorRed, styleLine );
Plot( box2, "" , colorGreen , styleLine );