  >From:
  DIMITRIS
  TSOKAKIS
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 1:53
  AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Metastock vs
  Amibroker

  Ron,To be more specific, the phrase from <A
  href="">http://www.purebytes.com/archives/metastock/2004/msg01586.htmlwas"I've
  owned the program for about 3 months and..."and the respective from this
  list was"I've owned Metastock 8.01 EOD for about 6 months... "Perhaps
  Dave knows the secret how time goes by.Dimitris Tsokakis--- In <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "mrdavis9" <mrdavis9@x...>
  wrote:> DT, I read that he "owned" it for about 6 months.  Maybe
  he actually "used" it for only 3 of the 6 months that he owned
  it.   I sound like an attorney don't I .  Ron D>
  months.>   ==========================================>
  were using MS "for about 3 months... ">
  [http://www.purebytes.com/archives/metastock/2004/msg01586.html]>
  On March24, 2004 it became a "for about 6 months... ">   Just
  curious, how did you do it in 3 single days???>   Dimitris
  "davelansing2004" <d.ankrapp@x...>
  >   wrote:>   >
  Hello,>   > >   > I've owned Metastock
  8.01 EOD for about 6 months... during that >   time
  >   > I learned how to program my own indicators, run
  explorations etc... >   > using the Metastock Formula
  Language. I like Metastock, but what I >   > didn't
  know was how "bad" the Enhanced System Tester was- until >
  just >   > recently when I finally joined several
  Metastock user groups and >   the >
  > majority of the posts were extremely negative towards the
  >   reliability >   > of the backtesting
  capability of the System Tester.>   > >
  > Ok...so what's my point?>   > >
  > I can pay $350 (USD) for TradeSim which is an excellent backtesting
  >   > program for MetaStock according to the vast majority
  of the >   Metastock >   > users who use
  TradeSim...OR... I could pay $150 (USD) for >   AmiBroker.
  >   > I've read through the online information regarding
  AmiBroker 4.50, >   > but I really would like the
  opinions of the users who have >   > extensively used
  AmiBroker to backtest their trading ideas, write >   >
  their own custom indicators using AFL, etc...does the backtesting
  >   > capability of AmiBroker simulate "real" trading
  conditions? Is AFL >   > relatively straight forward
  to learn like MFL is?>   > >   > Thank
  you in advance for your opinions! Please feel free to email
  >   me >   > directly if you want to keep
  your opinions private. >   > >   >
  Dave>   > Lansing, Michigan>   >
  href="">bugs@x...>   Send SUGGESTIONS to <A
  href="">suggest@x...>
  (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).>
  3/24/2004Send BUG REPORTS to <A
  href="">bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  <A
  href="">suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post
  AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: <A
  href="">amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web
  page: <A
  group FAQ at: <A
  Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go
  to:     <A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/<*>
  <A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<*>
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:     <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

  anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.638
  / Virus Database: 409 - Release Date: 3/24/2004