RE: [amibroker] Re: Guru Chart: Why different plots of buy/sell arrows?

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>InteractiveBrokers does not provide data for a fee however their Trader
Work Station (TWS) displays quotes for up to 40 instruments. The new Plugin
draws data from the TWS and allows you to chart real time data as long as the
TWS is active. IB does not provide backfills, i.e. when you turn it on at 11:00
a.m. it will not fill in data and show a chart for the period before 11:00
a.m. When you start up AmiBroker you will see the data collected the day before
but again it will not fill any gaps for the periods when you closed the
TWS. So, this new plug in is very nice to look for a better entry or exit point
in Realtime for EOD trading systems but doesn't help you with backtesting over
several months of RT data - unless you collect data each and every day. Another
thing to consider is the quality of TWS data, the data shown is for trades
executed through IB, and imho, may not reflect all trades for a certain
market. However it is a great way to progress from EOD systems to RT
trading.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>eSignal is a full fledged data service: you have to pay for it and they
have many levels of data, from about $50/month to several hundred dollars per
month. eSignal provides back fill so that all your data is continuous. For a new
subscription they provide 60 days of RT backfill. With esignal you never have
gaps in your data, if you don't trade for a few days and turn on after your
return the data will automatically fill in all missing data.
Nice.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Good
luck,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: goldwing01
  [mailto:GOLDWING01@xxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 8:33
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
  interactive data question?I've look at interactive
  web page for real time data and in my search for a price list, I didn't
  find one, so if someone would direct me in the right direction please,
  also if some one can kindly explain any big or excitable significant
  between interactive and Esignal I would appreciated. Thanks in
  advanceSend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
  SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A