Re: [amibroker] Re: TJ Help : AB Professional Upgrade

don't know - suggest you email TJ directly on this plus any remainding questions
you have.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: jnk1997
  [mailto:jnk1997@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 5:42
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  TJ Help : AB Professional UpgradeOh O!!!!Ok,
  now what?I installed a second version of AB to a different
  directory.If I delete it using windows remove software wizard, does my 1st
  installation get ripped apart? (will I screw up that
  installation?)Thanks--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:> 2 instances is not the same a 2
  installations.  And instance is when you> double click on the
  shortcut to the program (or the program file).  >  >
  Each instance will open with the default database but you can change
  it> if needed.>  > d> > -----Original
  Message-----> From: jnk1997 [mailto:jnk1997@xxxx] > Sent:
  Sunday, January 04, 2004 5:33 PM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: TJ Help : AB Professional Upgrade> >
  site you are > refering too<<> > From
  Tutorial-Updating Quotes-How to use Amibroker in Real time> >
  Working with intraday and daily charts> If you want to have long daily
  histories AND intraday charts you > should consider running TWO
  instances of AmiBroker. One for EOD > charts and second for intraday
  charting. Both may use the same real-> time data source.>
  will appear in the > AA grid. If  you click that result in the
  grid it will appear on the > chart as per EOD mode. If you want the
  symbol to automatically appear > on the chart then you need to
  create a custom indicator that plots > this.<<<<>
  In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "William Peters" >
  <williampeters@xxxx> wrote:> > Jim,> > > >
  >The EOD AFL trading formulas I use create buy and sell arrows on >
  the > > >chart when you double click the results. Are you saying
  that using > > >this afl formula in scan mode in real time
  these signals will not > > >automatically appear on the 1
  minute charts? This will require > more > >
  >programming??? What kind of signal or alert will the AFL formula >
  > >generate in realtime??> > > > If a signal is
  generated then the signal result will appear in the > AA grid.
  If  you click that result in the grid it will appear on the >
  chart as per EOD mode. If you want the symbol to automatically appear
  > on the chart then you need to create a custom indicator that plots
  > this.> > > > > > >I believe that was
  recommended by Thomasz on the AB site or users > > >manual
  for users of both EOD and real time. He also recommended a > >
  >seperate database for intraday data, so I figured I would just >
  > >install the new AB in another directory and that would solve the
  > > >problem. Guess not. What happens now if I use the windows
  delete > > >program wizard to delete the second instance of AB?
  Will it tear > up > > >my old EOD AB to shreds, formulas,
  settings etc.. ?> > > > Please quote the reference in the
  user guide and web site you are > refering too.> > >
  datasource then your > > tickers will not have the option to
  store the data locally so how > do > > you then import data
  from Quote.com and have it hold within a > >
  database.<<<> > > > >If I grasp what you are
  saying is that the Data that is imported > from > > >IB
  through QT is not stored in AB Pro ??? Not sure of what you >
  mean.> > > > As I said i'm still experimenting with this
  side of things and and > not sure exactly how it works.>
  > I've just re-read a section from the users guide titled: 'Tutorial:
  > Understanding AmiBroker database concepts'> > > >
  and it appears that all we have to do is to enable local storage in
  bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
  Sponsor      > >
  ADVERTISEMENT>  > <<A
  href="">http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c201cf4/M=243273.4326031.5516772.1261774/D=eg>
  roupweb/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1073342014/A=1750744/R=0/*<A
  href="">http://servedby.ad>
  vertising.com/click/site=552006/bnum=1073255614722499> Click to
  learn> more...       >
  > <<A
  href="">http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243273.4326031.5516772.1261774/D=egrou>
  pmail/S=:HM/A=1750744/rand=694272924>
  > > >   _____  > > Yahoo!
  Groups Links> > > *      To
  visit your group on the web, go to:> <A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/>
  group, send an email to:> amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  >   > > *      Your
  use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of> Service <<A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
  .Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
  SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.