[amibroker] Re: TJ Help : AB Professional Upgrade

>>Please quote the reference in the user guide and web site you are
refering too<<

>From Tutorial-Updating Quotes-How to use Amibroker in Real time

Working with intraday and daily charts
If you want to have long daily histories AND intraday charts you
should consider running TWO instances of AmiBroker. One for EOD
charts and second for intraday charting. Both may use the same real-
time data source.

>>>If a signal is generated then the signal result will appear in the
AA grid. If  you click that result in the grid it will appear on the
chart as per EOD mode. If you want the symbol to automatically appear
on the chart then you need to create a custom indicator that plots
this.<<<<

Ohhh man! Another &*^%$ project! (LOL)

Regards
Jim

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "William Peters"
<williampeters@xxxx> wrote:
> Jim,
>
> >The EOD AFL trading formulas I use create buy and sell arrows on
the
> >chart when you double click the results. Are you saying that using
> >this afl formula in scan mode in real time these signals will not
> >automatically appear on the 1 minute charts? This will require
more
> >programming??? What kind of signal or alert will the AFL formula
> >generate in realtime??
>
> If a signal is generated then the signal result will appear in the
AA grid. If  you click that result in the grid it will appear on the
chart as per EOD mode. If you want the symbol to automatically appear
on the chart then you need to create a custom indicator that plots
this.

> >I believe that was recommended by Thomasz on the AB site or users
> >manual for users of both EOD and real time. He also recommended a
> >seperate database for intraday data, so I figured I would just
> >install the new AB in another directory and that would solve the
> >problem. Guess not. What happens now if I use the windows delete
> >program wizard to delete the second instance of AB? Will it tear
up
> >my old EOD AB to shreds, formulas, settings etc.. ?
>
> Please quote the reference in the user guide and web site you are
refering too.

> tickers will not have the option to store the data locally so how
do
> you then import data from Quote.com and have it hold within a
> database.<<<
>
> >If I grasp what you are saying is that the Data that is imported
from
> >IB through QT is not stored in AB Pro ??? Not sure of what you
mean.

> As I said i'm still experimenting with this side of things and and
not sure exactly how it works.
> I've just re-read a section from the users guide titled: 'Tutorial:
Understanding AmiBroker database concepts'

> and it appears that all we have to do is to enable local storage in
the database settings page, the elaborate procedure I mentioned is
not necessary. This should enable us  to use QT and store any
imported quotes locally. (hopefully)

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511