Re: [amibroker] Re: TJ Help : AB Professional Upgrade

Chuck,

Since UA has built-in sector/industry group assignments, can you please work that into the mix of requests so that we may download symbol lists categorized a la QP?

Also, what happens to the data that is outside of the 10 year rolling window that is locally stored in terms of split/dividend adjustments.

BTW, I like Paul's symbol naming convention, and hope he'll use it going forward.

Regards,
GaryChuck Rademacher <chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

CSI won't be doing anything about naming de-listed stocks.   If Paul does the DLL for us, the watchlists will need to contain the CSI number, probably in the format that he is already using.   The CSI number gets passed to the DLL and the data is returned.    I will get CSI to make a special call for those users who don't want to be bothered with de-listed stocks (and therefore, CSI numbers) that will take a symbol as input instead of CSI number.   This alternative call will only work with active stocks.

As to my program that will convert from CSI to ASCII, I will change it to use the new interface.   This will make my program twice as fast.   I will give users the ability to prefix (or suffix) de-listed stocks with anything they like.

-----Original Message-----From: b [mailto:b519b@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 4:22 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker] Update from CSI regarding calls to their APIChuck,The news about the coming of faster CSI access is a greatstart to the new year.Do you know what approach CSI will be taking for naminginactive stocks?--- Chuck Rademacher <chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> Forgive me for posting this here rather > than the "data" forum, but the> subject is of interest to many on > this list who have not joined the data group.> > The UA program manager at CSI and I have > agreed on the syntax of the new> call to their API that will return actual and> backadjusted prices with a single call.   > He hopes
 to have it working within a week> and I will advise once it is ready.> > CSI has also updated their MarketScanner > program to export data to AmiBroker> directly. This is VERY fast, as it > makes one call to the API for the> entire universe of stocks that the > user is selecting. Selection can be by> various criteria, including exchange, > sector, industry, etc.   I have not> tried this yet, due to the fact that I > am having download problems on my> end.> > Steve, the program manager, is also keen > to talk to Paul and/or TJ about> some way that the API can be called > once by the AB/CSI plug-in for an entire> watchlist.  This would be considerably > faster than any other matter.  It> uses a "call-back" method that I don't > fully comprehend, but Paul and TJ> will probably speak that language.
 > CSI is willing to provide the necessary> hooks to the API, if there is interest > in doing so.> __________________________________Do you Yahoo!?New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing.http://photos.yahoo.com/Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html

Do you Yahoo!?