[amibroker] Re: How to test IBD's idea?

Yuki,
the trendlines posted this morning were automatic, some formula was
drawing them, not me [I am responsible for the formula, not for the
results of the formula]
The results are unique [just imagine a formula with multiple
outputs !!!] as they should be.
I do not draw trendlines manually, it is not sure that I will be
objective, I prefer the automatic ones.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi DIMITRIS,
>
> Friday, January 2, 2004, 10:05:43 PM, you wrote:
>
> DT> Yuki, There are no two ways to see the graphs because a. The
> DT> percentage in both trendlines AND H&S is the same [3%]  I always
> DT> keep this 3% for all Nikkei graphs in order to have the
> DT> comparison. b. The Nikkei rising wedge IS NOT FORMATED YET. It
> DT> will appear, perhaps, if the last bar will be a peak and the
next
> DT> highs fall BELOW -3% of this peak. It may happen but it may not,
> DT> we donīt know yet. This is the way the trendlines work. A peak
is
> DT> recognised as a peak, as soon as prices confirm this -3% [or any
> DT> other preselected %]. The available trendlines for now are the
> DT> ones in the gif, for the 3% I use, there are no other
trendlines.

> I play a lot of Bridge, Dimitris (maybe you know the game; it's very
> international). Love the game, and have gotten halfway decent at it
> over the years.
>
> There is an MS web site (the Game Zone) where one can always find
> players. When a table is just beginning or when a player leaves, MS
> has a (ro)bot take over the hand and play it in the absence of a
> human player.  The bots are not very good players or bidders,
however
> (bidding is really the essence of the game).  People are always
> complaining about how badly the bots bid, and how badly they play.
> They are always suggesting that MS somehow upgrade the playing
> ability of the bots by writing better programs.
>
> But of course there is a reason that the bots are very bad players.
> (It is the same reason some humans are very bad players, as well.)
> The bots can only play by a strict mathematical formula.  A
> mathematical formula can give us a structure to operate in of
course,
> and as long as the environment is somewhat suited for that
structure,
> things work fairly well. However in Bridge, as in TA and trading,
> there are times in which the environment changes quickly and
suddenly
> into an environment where "the rules" can be, or even need to be,
> completely ignored.

TA is nothing but a set of rules, simple or complicated, steady or
variable, but rules. When you write zig(H,3) you mean zig(H,3), not
zig(H,2.5) or zig(H,3.5).
Trading is fundamentally different, you may buy/sell even without
rules [to be more specific, there is no need to express the hidden
rules of your trading sentiment]
Bridge is a game, I have no experience, when other students were
learning Bridge in the university I was involved with more tough
games [horse races for example].
In TA there is no need to completely ignore the rules, perhaps there
is a need for better TA to cover these fast changes.
Anyway, when I speak for TA I am [and will be] always aligned to the
rules, else TA does not exist for me.