  >From:
  Howard
  Bandy
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Cc: <A title=howardbandy@xxxxxxxxx
  href="">howardbandy@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2004 2:20
  PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] More on data
  holes - for TJ

  <SPAN
  >Hi Tomasz, Chuck, and
  all &#8211;
  <SPAN

  >I&#8217;m not sure there is
  a &#8220;right&#8221; answer to padded versus unpadded.  There are times when
  consistency is worth as much as accuracy.  Perhaps just pick one method
  for dealing with holes in data, develop your systems using that method, and
  keep your data up to date using that same method as you move to
  trading.
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Howard
  <SPAN

  <DIV

  <SPAN
  Message-----From: Tomasz
  Janeczko [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxx] <SPAN
  >Sent: <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>Thursday, January
  01, 2004<SPAN
  > <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>4:48
  AM<SPAN
  ><SPAN
  >To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<SPAN
  >Subject: Re: [amibroker] More on data
  holes - for TJ
  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Chuck,

  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >My question for you,
  however, is how do the various indicators and moving average calculations deal
  with un-padded data holes.   If I do a 5-day MA, for instance, and
  one of the days has no data, what would I get for the MA?   Same for
  RSI or any other indicator.    It's taken me years to get rid
  of data holes and find a data providor who will consistently pad them for me
  so that indicators and other calculations work properly
  (IMO).

  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >That's why I prefer unpadded data. I don't want
  'artificial' data to affect my indicators. The MA from unpadded data
  represents only real trading days data.

  <SPAN
  >So if say there was no trading on friday, the MA
  would represent 5 days before friday (previous friday, last monday, tuesday,
  wed, thursday).

  <SPAN
  >From my *personal* point of view, calculation of
  indicators should not be affected by bars artificially added by padding
  process.

  <SPAN
  >But of course your preference may be different
  and you can use padded data and include all bars (including artificial ones
  with zero volume).

  <SPAN

  <SPAN
  >Best regards,Tomasz
  Janeczkoamibroker.com
  <BLOCKQUOTE

    <SPAN

    <FONT face=Arial
    size=2><SPAN
    >From:<FONT
    face=Arial size=2> <A
    title=chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx
    href="">Chuck Rademacher

    <SPAN
    >To:<FONT
    face=Arial size=2> <A
    title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    <SPAN
    >Sent:<FONT
    face=Arial size=2>
    <SPAN
    >Wednesday, December 31,
    2003<SPAN
    > <FONT face=Arial
    size=2>9:29
    PM

    <SPAN
    >Subject:<FONT
    face=Arial size=2>
    [amibroker] More on data holes - for TJ

    <SPAN

    <SPAN
    >TJ,

    <SPAN

    <SPAN
    >Paul's plug-in and
    my conversion program could, if desired, create data holes (consistently)
    for users who want them.   I'm not trying to be funny, but it is
    possible to leave a hole on those days when the volume is zero.
    We can forget about why anyone would want to do this.   It can be
    done and it would be 100% consistent rather than 15% consistent like it is
    for most data providors.

    <SPAN

    <SPAN
    >My question for
    you, however, is how do the various indicators and moving average
    calculations deal with un-padded data holes.   If I do a 5-day MA,
    for instance, and one of the days has no data, what would I get for the
    MA?   Same for RSI or any other indicator.    It's
    taken me years to get rid of data holes and find a data providor who will
    consistently pad them for me so that indicators and other calculations work
    properly (IMO).

    <SPAN

    <SPAN
    >I could test to see
    how some of these calculations are affected... if only I had some data
    holes!!

    <SPAN

    <SPAN

    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    size=3><FONT
    face="Courier New" size=2>Send BUG REPORTS to
    bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<SPAN
    ><FONT
    face="Courier New">Send SUGGESTIONS to
    suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
    face="Courier New">-----------------------------------------<FONT
    face="Courier New">Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
    amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web
    page: <A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)<FONT
    face="Courier New">--------------------------------------------<FONT
    face="Courier New">Check group FAQ at: <A

    <FONT
    face="Courier New" size=2>

    <SPAN
    >Yahoo! Groups
    Links

      <SPAN
      >To visit your group on
      the web, go to:<A
      href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

      <SPAN
      >To unsubscribe from
      this group, send an email to:<A
      href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      <SPAN
      >Your use of Yahoo!
      Groups is subject to the <A
      href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

    <SPAN

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=3><FONT
  face="Courier New" size=2>Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<SPAN
  ><FONT
  face="Courier New">Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
  face="Courier New">-----------------------------------------<FONT
  face="Courier New">Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
  amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web
  page: <A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)<FONT
  face="Courier New">--------------------------------------------<FONT
  face="Courier New">Check group FAQ at: <A

  <FONT
  face="Courier New" size=2>

  <SPAN
  >Yahoo! Groups