RE: [amibroker] Outlook Express contains Amibroker Files

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Lecture time:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Please
excuse the lecture BUT if you have attached ANY value at all to the work
you've done and accumulated on your computer then you are in a very vulnerable
position in terms of the amount of knowledge you have on the operation of
it.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
suspect that you might not be backing up your valuable data to a medium that can
be removed from your machine on a regular basis and if not you need to
rectify that immediately.  Consider the cost in time and anguish if you
were to suffer a loss of all that is on your machine.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
You
need to buy some beginner's books on using the operating system that you have
and the sooner the better. I don't have any recommendations for you in terms of
titles but you need to find some soon!  One thing you can do tonite is
click on an empty part of your desktop and press the F1 key. This will bring up
the help file for the operating system.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
As to
your specific OE problem, I'm afraid I won't be of any help.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
In
terms of what you've got showing in your attached file - they seem to be part of
a database from AB.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2> <FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff size=2>

What
operating system are you using?  If its WinXP then scandisk is no longer
used but you can have the system check the disk drive by using windows explorer.
First make sure the system isn't running any programs except windows explorer.
Click on the  Icon that represents the hard drive. Then right click on
it. Choose the "properties" selection at the bottom. You'll get a small tabbed
form. Choose the Tolls tab and in the Error-checking section click the "Check
Now" button.  If you HAVE done a backup of all your data then you might
check the "Automatically fix..." selection - If you HAVE NOT then I'd avoid
that.  Click the "Scan for..." slection and then click the start
button.  This will take a while depending on the size of your disk
drive.  At the end you should get a report telling you what was
found.
<SPAN
class=250525323-07122003>
Hope
this helps you a little.
<SPAN
class=250525323-07122003>
<SPAN
class=250525323-07122003>d
<SPAN
class=250525323-07122003>
<SPAN
class=250525323-07122003>
<FONT
face=Arial color=#0000ff>
<SPAN
class=250525323-07122003> -----Original Message-----From:
mrdavis9 [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003
6:10 PMTo: amibrokeryahoogroupsSubject: [amibroker]
Outlook Express contains Amibroker Files

  Thanks again for all your Outlook Express
  help.  I know this is a bother to all you, but it is becoming a great
  learning experience for me. I really appreciate your  continued
  feedback so I can continue to make lemonade "INCREASED COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE" out
  of this lemon that I created.

  I took a look inside the Outlook
  Express folder  SEE ATTACHMENT  and I see what appears to be
  Amibroker data charts in there.  I have been saving Amibroker scan
  results in Outlook express folders, so maybe this is what is in there.
  Should these files that look just like the Amibroker files be residing in the
  Outlook Express folder??

  PROGRESS SO FAR.
  I took dingo's advice and backed up all of the
  Outlook Express files.  I downloaded a trial version of the OE backup
  Wizard.  It worked great, so now I am all backed up.

  I was unable to run scandisc Per CS's
  suggestion because I was unable to find where it resides in my computer
  to give it a try

  I have done almost all of the other suggestions,
  but I decided not to proceed to finish the procedure that Wave Mechanic
  suggested until I find out if these Amibroker files in Outlook Express are the
  scan results that I have saved, or are they possibly the cause of the
  problem.  TIA for more advice.  Ron D

  Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.548
  / Virus Database: 341 - Release Date: 12/5/2003Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.