RE: [amibroker] Outlook Express contains Amibroker Files

Here are a couple of sites
with help for using winxp for the technically challenged like
me

<A
href="">http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/
<A
href="">http://www.vnunet.com/Specials/1126849
<A
href="">http://petri.co.il/tips_and_tricks.htm
<A
href="">http://www.winsupersite.com/FAQ/whistler.asp

Cheers,Graham<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/asxsharetrading<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/fmsaustralia

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: dingo
  [mailto:dingo@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, 8 December 2003 8:10
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  Outlook Express contains Amibroker Files
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Lecture time:
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Please excuse the lecture BUT if you have attached ANY value at
  all to the work you've done and accumulated on your computer then you are in a
  very vulnerable position in terms of the amount of knowledge you have on the
  operation of it.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  suspect that you might not be backing up your valuable data to a medium that
  can be removed from your machine on a regular basis and if not you
  need to rectify that immediately.  Consider the cost in time and anguish
  if you were to suffer a loss of all that is on your
  machine.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  You
  need to buy some beginner's books on using the operating system that you have
  and the sooner the better. I don't have any recommendations for you in terms
  of titles but you need to find some soon!  One thing you can do tonite is
  click on an empty part of your desktop and press the F1 key. This will bring
  up the help file for the operating system.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  As
  to your specific OE problem, I'm afraid I won't be of any
  help.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  In
  terms of what you've got showing in your attached file - they seem to be part
  of a database from AB.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2> <FONT
  face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>

  What
  operating system are you using?  If its WinXP then scandisk is no longer
  used but you can have the system check the disk drive by using windows
  explorer. First make sure the system isn't running any programs except windows
  explorer. Click on the  Icon that represents the hard drive. Then
  right click on it. Choose the "properties" selection at the bottom. You'll get
  a small tabbed form. Choose the Tolls tab and in the Error-checking section
  click the "Check Now" button.  If you HAVE done a backup of all your data
  then you might check the "Automatically fix..." selection - If you HAVE NOT
  then I'd avoid that.  Click the "Scan for..." slection and then click the
  start button.  This will take a while depending on the size of your disk
  drive.  At the end you should get a report telling you what was
  found.
  <SPAN
  class=250525323-07122003>
  Hope
  this helps you a little.
  <SPAN
  class=250525323-07122003>
  <SPAN
  class=250525323-07122003>d
  <SPAN
  class=250525323-07122003>
  <SPAN
  class=250525323-07122003>
  <FONT
  face=Arial color=#0000ff>
  <SPAN
  class=250525323-07122003> -----Original
  Message-----From: mrdavis9 [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003 6:10 PMTo:
  amibrokeryahoogroupsSubject: [amibroker] Outlook Express contains
  Amibroker Files

    Thanks again for all your Outlook Express
    help.  I know this is a bother to all you, but it is becoming a great
    learning experience for me. I really appreciate your  continued
    feedback so I can continue to make lemonade "INCREASED COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE"
    out of this lemon that I created.

    I took a look inside the Outlook
    Express folder  SEE ATTACHMENT  and I see what appears to be
    Amibroker data charts in there.  I have been saving Amibroker scan
    results in Outlook express folders, so maybe this is what is in there.
    Should these files that look just like the Amibroker files be residing in
    the Outlook Express folder??

    PROGRESS SO
    FAR.
    I took dingo's advice and backed up all of the
    Outlook Express files.  I downloaded a trial version of the OE backup
    Wizard.  It worked great, so now I am all backed up.

    I was unable to run scandisc Per CS's
    suggestion because I was unable to find where it resides in my computer
    to give it a try

    I have done almost all of the other
    suggestions, but I decided not to proceed to finish the procedure that Wave
    Mechanic suggested until I find out if these Amibroker files in Outlook
    Express are the scan results that I have saved, or are they possibly the
    cause of the problem.  TIA for more advice.  Ron D

    Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
    href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version:
    6.0.548 / Virus Database: 341 - Release Date:
    12/5/2003Send BUG REPORTS to
    bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
    <A
    group FAQ at: <A