Re: [amibroker] Re: any karnish watchers out there? For Steve

<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>Dave,
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>then I do try it, report results that are less than
stellar,
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>
For what
period, 1929? 2000? 2001?  Might as well pick a some years
that don't fall within two standard deviations for
volatility.  How has this approach tested since the first day I
posted it?  I know DT tested it and wasn't impressed at the time of it's
original posting.  Being the great guy that he is...he offered a
number of improvements to it's structure.  Too bad you didn't see the
original post.  You could of traded the StoRSI, on QQQ's,and posted a 26-3
track record this year.
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>it's quite another to show some great-looking charts
and strongly imply that the single indicator shown is profitable in and of
itself,
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>
Isn't and
hasn't the QQQ/StoRSI been profitable since the day I publicly shared the
indicator and system?  Just because you tested it on a couple of years that
had abnormal volatility doesn't really mean much.  What's more important:
your historic examination of two outlying years, or the track record that
has been created by the system since I supplied the
approach?
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>
I'd suggest
you save your criticism about what works and what doesn't work until what works
... stops working.  You are suggesting that this approach sucks because you
can't identify profits in some backtesting.  Really, give me a break.
You keep backtesting for 2001 and 2002 and I'll keep using this "general" (I no
longer use the term robust for anything)timing indicator to supplement my
trading ideas and I will continue to "teach, talk, and trade".

<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>
Please, you
don't need my help.  As I recall, you started this tread.  Why pursue
shit indicators that produce shit results?  Move on to other
approaches.  There are plenty of people on this forum that you can learn a
lot more from that a street urchin from Detroit.  I don't have any magic.
What I have is nearly 14,000 hours of researh since 1996.  Of course, a
part of that was spent testing worthless ideas gleaned for books, seminars and
forums.
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>
My Holy
Grail is an eight-ounce styrofoam cup, with teeth marks and lipstick
smears.  It's nothing special.  OK, I'm going to go back and crawl
into my hole.
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>
Oh, for
those interested:  I finally finished my new improved webpage.  It's
free ...as it has been since the beginning.  Lot's of indicators and very
handsome pictures of me and my research partners.
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>
Take
care,