RE: [amibroker] Re: any karnish watchers out there? For Steve

<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>steve, not only do I assume you've done it, but when
you speak about it as you have, I assume we'll like what we see if we do it
ourselves -- that's why you mentioned it. <SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>then I do try it, report results that are less than
stellar, and hear, "try this, try that".
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003><SPAN
class=016270523-21112003><FONT face="Courier New"
color=#0000ff size=2>
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>I don't mean to offend,
or discourage teaching or the sharing of ideas, not at all. but it's one thing
to suggest that an idea might be worth pursuing, in combination with a
not-completely-specified set of confirming indicators, stops, entrails, etc..
it's quite another to show some great-looking charts and strongly imply that the
single indicator shown is profitable in and of itself, or with confirmation
from any old trend indicator you might have lying
around.
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003><SPAN
class=016270523-21112003><FONT face="Courier New"
color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>I know I need to do my
own homework. I've been doing a great deal of that, don't mind, find it
interesting even. I'm just mystified by the vibe that the actual numerical
results I get from a system someone else suggested aren't that great because of
some problem with the way I approach life in general, like some box I
haven't thought my way out of (my favorite). it's not the first time this has
happened, so steve, don't take my reaction
personally.
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003><SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>please don't
misunderstand, I'm trying to learn, not put anyone down, or their ideas. I very
much appreciate the offerings from everyone here, especially the more
experienced traders and system designers. I hope people will continue to share
their ideas, and comment on what gets posted.
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003><SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>I also appreciate
everyone's putting up with my ignorance, my endless attempts to test and
verify what gets said, and the periodic intrusions of my inner brat, like this
one. maybe it falls under the category of failing to shut up if I don't have
something nice to say, but surely there are others out there wondering the
same thing and not saying so out of deference to greater expertise. or maybe
not. maybe everyone but me takes this ball and runs with it, all the way to the
bank, while I just continually miss the obvious. either way, hopefully
we'll all learn something by talking about it, or at least I
will.
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>
<SPAN
class=016270523-21112003>dave
<BLOCKQUOTE
  guess the point is that some, rightly or wrongly, assume you've already
  done this.  If that's the case what kind of results have you gotten
  (CAR, MDD, UI) OOS ?  Maybe I'm nuts but to me a Stochastic RSI,
  whether it's coupled with a trend indicator or stops of a variety of types
  etc. is well INSIDE the box.--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "CedarCreekTrading" <kernish@xxxx> wrote:> Dave,>
  > No problem....I'd suggest that you mix and match stops, trend
  identifiers and triggers.  I not suggesting that you over-optimize (a
  rather tired and elusive topic on this forum), but, please think
  outside the box.  The important point is:  there are certain
  momentum oscillators that time you into trend retracements that are very
  accurate.  Pick one.  > > Then, decide on some
  type of trend identification.  Only take trades in that
  direction.  > > Then, conjure a stop strategy...to protect
  your position and pocketbook.> > And finally, use something
  other than a momentum oscillator to time you out.  Momentum
  Oscillators will never capture a good move, running in the direction of
  the trend, without leaving a lot of "cheese" on the table.>
  > I think you can see that this is a bit different that just buying
  and selling at the trigger levels.  The StoRSI has, and will always,
  be a very decent timing device to position you into trend
  retracements.  > > Take care,> >
  Steve