Re: [amibroker] Re: Sectors/industries in QP3...

Jitu,

You probably already know this, but when you click the Retrieve button in Database Settings the Sectors and Industry Groups for QP get set up automatically.

The problem I've found, which Tomasz is aware of is that if you select New Database, you can not choose to have blank Sector and Industry Group names.  Instead it copies over the current database Sector and Industry Group names to the new database.  This can be confusing until you figure out what happened : )

Hope some of this helps.

Kind Regards,
Garyjtelang <jtelang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Some more info. It seems I had Undefined/Undefined in my default broker.sectors and broker.industries. (I remember adding it). I guess then my question is slightly different...If a DB setup initially uses my default files, how do QP3's definitions get synchronized with the setup? Is it a name matching process, or should the initial default broker.sectors and broker.industries files be "clean" (as they came with AB install) in order for QP3 sector/industry definitions to work correctly?Also, since not all stocks in the DB may be part of a sector/industry (I assume that to be the case with QP3 as well), how should I differentiate between those who truly belong to sector/industry 0 vs. the ones that don't belong anywhere? The default IndustryID() and SectorID() value is zero, correct?TIA,Jitu--- In
 amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jtelang" <jtelang@xxxx> wrote:> Hi all,> > I have two machines with AB/QP3 setup. For some reason, one of the > machines has Undefined sector with Undefined industry in it as the > first sector/industry in it, while the other one does not. Does > anyone has any ideas what could've caused this?> > Also, Tomasz, the broker.sectors and broker.industries in the AB > directory has no bearing on the workspace (DB) AFTER its setup, > right? As far as I can tell from the docs, they're used only when the > first time DB is setup? Does the QP3 plugin basically ignore 'em and > uses their internal definitions (and store them elsewhere)?> > TIA,> > JituSend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Do you Yahoo!?