[amibroker] Re: Sectors/industries in QP3...

Some more info. It seems I had Undefined/Undefined in my default
broker.sectors and broker.industries. (I remember adding it). I guess
then my question is slightly different...

If a DB setup initially uses my default files, how do QP3's
definitions get synchronized with the setup? Is it a name matching
process, or should the initial default broker.sectors and
broker.industries files be "clean" (as they came with AB install) in
order for QP3 sector/industry definitions to work correctly?

Also, since not all stocks in the DB may be part of a sector/industry
(I assume that to be the case with QP3 as well), how should I
differentiate between those who truly belong to sector/industry 0 vs.
the ones that don't belong anywhere? The default IndustryID() and
SectorID() value is zero, correct?

TIA,

Jitu

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jtelang" <jtelang@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have two machines with AB/QP3 setup. For some reason, one of the
> machines has Undefined sector with Undefined industry in it as the
> first sector/industry in it, while the other one does not. Does
> anyone has any ideas what could've caused this?
>
> Also, Tomasz, the broker.sectors and broker.industries in the AB
> directory has no bearing on the workspace (DB) AFTER its setup,
> right? As far as I can tell from the docs, they're used only when
the
> first time DB is setup? Does the QP3 plugin basically ignore 'em
and
> uses their internal definitions (and store them elsewhere)?
>
> TIA,
>
> Jitu

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.