[amibroker] Re: PROBLEM WITH HELP FILES?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mrdavis9" <mrdavis9@xxxx> wrote:
>> If this second menu had popped up when I hovered my cursor over
the various items in the help files, I would have known where to go
to read about  Titles in indicator builder.  Perhaps, I have an old
version of help files, and that is why I had the problem of never
being able to find anything at all in the help files regarding TITLE.
<<

Searching Help for "title" gives 17 references, the first of which is
the Tutorial.

>> I personally think it is unrealistic to expect all nontech users
of Amibroker to read ALL of the tutorials in order to understand how
to use Amibroker.<<

The tutorials are *the* starting point.  I think it's unrealistic to
expect that software of AB's capabilities is going to be easy to use
without reading all the docs, much less the Tutorials.  Print out the
User Guide.  Read a bit here and there at your leisure.

>>It is only due to the amazing attitude and help that I receive from
this board that I have been able to grasp the basics of using
Amibroker. <<

Some coding background helps, but so does reading docs, trying stuff,
and asking questions.  It takes time to learn to do what you want.
It's software with a complex set of abilities Tomasz has produced.

>>Please let me know if I need to update my help files, or is this a
real deficiency in the help files. Ron D <<

If you've got the latest DL, you have the latest Help.  The Search
turns up all references to the text you enter.