[amibroker] Re: proof of an uptrend

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Monday, June 30, 2003, 4:46:44 PM, you wrote:
>
> s> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mrdavis9" <mrdavis9@xxxx>
wrote:

> s> I would appreciate any and all suggestions regarding what
criteria
> s> that I should put into my buy scans that would insure that the
stock
> s> is  truly  in an uptrend, in order for it to be eligible  to
receive
> s> a buy arrow.  Regardless of the other suggestions that may be
> s> forthcoming,  I still want to test the concept of positive
linear
> s> regression.
> s> =======
>
> s> Can't help you with the regression line, but what was your
reasoning
> s> for avoiding indicators like ADX or Aroon for trending?
>
> Adx measures strength of trend, not direction, of course.  With that
> caveat, it sure could be used.
========
Oh, being new to AB, I hadn't checked on the internal implementation
of ADX.  I'm used to thinking of it as 3 lines -- +DI, -DI, and the
actual "ADX" line, which would identify positive or negative trend
and the strength of the trend.

But those were just the first 2 I thought of, certainly trying to
come up with a trend indicator would be re-inventing the wheel?