RE: [amibroker] Re: proof of an uptrend

"As
for the Dave´s comment, what would "the first 6-year-old child" say back in
Jan2000 for the present "trend"?The only thing I know is the this child is 9
years old now, nothing more... DT"
<SPAN
class=489474912-30062003>
<SPAN
class=489474912-30062003>Dimitris,
<FONT
color=#0000ff>Should you not be more interested in what this 6 year old thinks
about the trend today?? Like your self this child can only see "What is" not
"What will be". Certainly in jan 2000 young eyes (and most if not all trend
indicators) would have shown the market to be in a trend. Cognitive reasoning,
not a trend indicator, may have indicated that the market was over bought but
the bottom line is that trend ended and a new one began. It is next to
impossible to pick tops and bottoms ahead of time. I would think the key is to
protect your profits and to take a chunk out of the middle of the
ride....

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
size=2>
 Yuki,There is another
[important] issue.Do we really need a confirmed [accept this word, instead
of "proof"] trend to ride on ?The usual answer is positive.I began
the presentation of the alternative,<A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/43405because
I believe that such alternatives do exist in the market.A Long only system
with similar performance in both bullish/bearish [confirmed ...afterwards]
periods.Because it is a trading message list and not a geometry class.I
would appreciate your comments on this issue.As for the Dave´s comment, what
would "the first 6-year-old child" say back in Jan2000 for the present
"trend"?The only thing I know is the this child is 9 years old now, nothing
more... DTSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.