[amibroker] Re: proof of an uptrend

Ron- If you're going to use slopes, think of them as positive or
negative.  Don't try to order them because they depend on scale and
you'll get incoherent rankings.

Depending on how you ultimately decide to define a trend and your
timeframe, you may also want to take an actuarial approach to look at
how long trends last.  Of course there are no certainties, only
probabilities.

Mark

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mrdavis9" <mrdavis9@xxxx> wrote:
> I am finally able to actually create some scans that work.  Now I
want to add something to my buy scans that will insure that the stocks
that receive a buy arrow are actually in an uptrend.  One idea I have
is to require that it's linear regression must be in an uptrend.  I
would appreciate any and all suggestions regarding what criteria that
I should put into my buy scans that would insure that the stock is
truly  in an uptrend, in order for it to be eligible  to receive a buy
arrow.  Regardless of the other suggestions that may be forthcoming,
I still want to test the concept of positive linear regression.  I
have copied the information from HELP that I  think is most relevant
to what I want to do.  I am a little puzzled regarding what these
HELP  comments are really saying.  All that I am really looking for in
this post is the statements that I need to add to my buy scans that
will insure that the stock is truly in an uptrend.   Any and all
comments will be appreciated.  Ron D

>       SYNTAX  linregslope( ARRAY, periods )
>       RETURNS ARRAY
>       FUNCTION  Calculates linear regression line slope from the
ARRAY using periods range.
>       EXAMPLE x = Cum(1);
>       lastx = LastValue( x ); Daysback = 10; aa = LastValue(
LinRegIntercept( Close, Daysback) );
>       bb = LastValue( LinRegSlope( Close, Daysback ) );
>
>       y = Aa + bb * ( x - (Lastx - DaysBack) ); Plot( Close,
"Close", colorBlack, styleCandle );
>       Plot( IIf( x >= (lastx - Daysback), y, -1e10 ), "LinReg",
colorRed );