To all AmiBroker users - Questions

I have just found advertisement for AmiBroker and I am trying to
figure out if the program will meet my needs. I must say for the
price it appears impressive, but I would like some imput from users.
It appears that it is free download for trial period, so I will do
this and try to get a feel for what the program can do.

1. Has anyone used MetaStock and if so can you give me your opinion
on the similarities, pros and cons, capabilities etc. of the two
programs? I am looking into purchasing MetaStock but it is a bit
pricy and data download by 2nd party is costly.

2. My main interest is to be able to screen stocks based on my onw
price and volume criteria. For example, stocks with 3 consecutive
increases in combination with double its 3 month avg volume for any
given period of time or 13 dma > 30 dma etc. No fundamental data will
be required but is a plus. Can it do this?

3. After stocks are screened according to my criteria, then have the
ability to back test all screened stocks and rank them by greatest
return. Can it do this.

4. Can one trade through the program, granted that the brokerage firm
allows for such a link between the program and their server?

5. Is the download of data from Yahoo seamless and free from Yahoo?

6. Can one download historical data from yahoo for stocks so that
backtesting can be performed?

7. Does Amibroker generate automatic buy and sell signals with built
in technical analysis indicators, like other programs do such as
omnitrader?

8. has anyone tried to program Amibroker to use the formulas provided
by the book called Beating the Trend? You can find it by performing a
website search. If so, how easy was it to program according to this
formula.

9. What does Amibroker have in to do with the following
advertisement:
-rewritten database handling: abstract data access layer allowing
direct access to QP2/TC2000/Metastock databases without the need to
import (3.84+)
-pre-written direct data feed DLLs from Quotes Plus (3.84+), TC2000,
Metastock databases (3.87+)
- a "summary-only" mode in the backtester providing 2-3 times faster
backtesting of large databases (3.87+).
- support for money management (position sizing) in
backtester/optimizer (3.90)

My question again, I thought that data feed was free from Yahoo?

10. Is it true that the cost is only $79, after trial date is up?
There appears to be upgrades in the works i.e. AmiBroker 4.0
versions. How much does it cost for upgrade versions?

Thank You for and information you can provide. I greatly appreciate
your imput and mention about other applications that you have used.