>From:
mroman59

To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 8:51
AM
Subject: [amibroker] To all AmiBroker
users - Questions

I have just found advertisement for AmiBroker and I am trying to
figure out if the program will meet my needs. I must say for the price
it appears impressive, but I would like some imput from users.It appears
that it is free download for trial period, so I will do this and try to
get a feel for what the program can do.1. Has anyone used MetaStock
and if so can you give me your opinion on the similarities, pros and cons,
capabilities etc. of the two programs? I am looking into purchasing
MetaStock but it is a bit pricy and data download by 2nd party is
costly.2. My main interest is to be able to screen stocks based on my
onw price and volume criteria. For example, stocks with 3 consecutive
increases in combination with double its  3 month avg volume forany
given period of time or 13 dma > 30 dma etc. No fundamental data will
be required but is a plus. Can it do
this?
<BLOCKQUOTE

Easy in AB

3. After stocks are screened according to my criteria, then havethe
ability to back test all screened stocks and rank them by greatest
return. Can it do this.

Yes in AB no in ms4. Can one trade
through the program, granted that the brokerage firm allows for such a
link between the program and their server?
no
5. Is the download of data from Yahoo seamless and free from Yahoo?

yes but i dont use Yahoo data6.
Can one download historical data from yahoo for stocks so that backtesting
can be performed?

dont know 12 mth i think 7. Does
Amibroker generate automatic buy and sell signals with built in technical
analysis indicators, like other programs do such as omnitrader?
not like omi vote system,  but you can scan
for fav indicator and get buy sell arrows<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
8. has anyone tried to program Amibroker to use the formulas provided
by the book called Beating the Trend? You can find it by performing a
website search.  If so, how easy was it to program according to this
formula.

No looks like a con to me 9. What
does Amibroker have in to do with the following advertisement:
-rewritten database handling: abstract data access layer allowing
direct access to QP2/TC2000/Metastock databases without the need to
import (3.84+)-pre-written direct data feed DLLs from Quotes Plus
(3.84+), TC2000, Metastock databases (3.87+) - a "summary-only" mode
in the backtester providing 2-3 times faster backtesting of large
databases (3.87+).- support for money management (position sizing) in
backtester/optimizer (3.90)

Just some of the regular improvement made by
AB   the come near weekly ms yearlyMy question again,
I thought that data feed was free from Yahoo?

it is but u get what u pay for10.
Is it true that the cost is only $79, after trial date is up? There
appears to be upgrades in the works i.e. AmiBroker 4.0 versions. How much
does it cost for upgrade versions?

yes and that gives you 4 free upgrades
after that upgrades are 1/2 the regular price and u receive another 4
may need to check that with TJ from AB
Thank You for and information you
can provide. I greatly appreciate your imput and mention about other
applications that you have used.
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

<BLOCKQUOTE
><FONT
face="Courier New">---Outgoing mail is certified Virus
Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.350
/ Virus Database: 196 - Release Date:
4/17/2002