Re: [amibroker] Re: Is it possible to create such a buy signal ?

Dear Peter,

> I would reply privately if there was a mechanism.
It is true that hitting "reply" button directs the reply to the group.

But... you can direct the reply to single person if you copy appropriate
person's e-mail address from the original post to the "From" field of your
reply. This is not convenient but it works.

I understand completely that you me be overloaded with the amount
of posts generated on this e-mail list.
One solution is to switch personal delivery preferences at yahoo
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker) to "No-Email - web only"
so you will be able to track discussion from the group's web site.

Another solution is to switch to amibroker-news subscription only
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker-news) that is a announcement
only, very low trafic group that is used to announce new stuff coming
from me only.

Third solution is the one proposed by lemanioc to create a web-based
forum.

Which solution would you prefer?

> Most, in fact almost everyone, are very civil. It is becoming difficult to
> make pointed comments without fear or favour without a chorus of defenders
> appearing so I don't say anything. However, and I've been a member since
> V3.2, the newsletters started about V3.4, the yahoogroups about v3.5 and
> the library of indicators v3.6, and the information overload is beginning to

In fact yahoogroup is there since 1997 !!!

> Tomasz - I'd like to see a tutorial. The upgraded help in v3.6 was more
> akin a dictionary rather than how to extract the best from AB. The
> questions that are asked reveal some of the subtlties of AB's innerworkings
> that aren't in the Help. Tutorials with examples that show these subtlties
> and AB capabilites and functionalities would be a godsend I'm sure.

The tutorial section added in v3.6 proved to be very useful. Belive me I got
95% less e-mails about how to use AmiQuote. I belive that other topics included
in the existing 3.6 tutorial are also useful.

But... it is true that there are no case studies for AFL and many areas are documented
poorly. On the other hand I must admit that some questions asked prove that
some people simply don't read the guide and the other material available.

So there is still a need to help the newbies because otherwise AmiBroker can not exist.
I actually get paid from the new users since AmiBroker is not subscription-based software.

Conclusions:
1. As mentioned above there are ways to minimize the traffic coming into your mail box.
2. I need to write better docs
3. People should have the way to ask questions in public (on the mailing list or forum) - we
should just work out the best solution

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
http://www.amibroker.com