Re: [amibroker] Sharing

Hi folks-
I have this rising rising feeling of guilt.  For a week or so I
have been reading all of the interesting AmiBroker posts diligently (Does
the word "voyeur" ring a bell?).  I am still trying to learn more
about the system and how to make it sing and dance (see some questions
below).  Hats off to Tomasz for a fabulous effort!  When not
on the road I call Nevada (U.S.) home - on the shores of Lake Tahoe.
I have done some automation programming in windows (primarily to automatically
download option quotes, interest rates, etc.)  I highly recommend
Macro Scheduler (http://www.mjtnet.com) for jobs like this.
I have followed a local company (AIQ).  They have two separate
bulletin boards (yahoogroups): one for general postings about the software
and problems with it and a second list for postings concerning their programming
language (Expert Design Studio).  One can sign up for either or both
boards.
Another idea: There was an investing journal some years back that required
that you submit an article a year in order to maintain your subscription.
The same could be done with afl code.  There were no stringent requirements
on the level or sophistication of the articles.  Something like this
is good because it forces us all to remind ourselves of the good programming
practices to document our code so that it is clear to other readers.
I would certainly be willing to submit my meager offerings in any fashion
in order to benefit from both the feedback on my stuff and the observations
of what others are doing.  We should strive to agree on a system that
is, as much as possible, self managing.  I would hate for Tomasz,
for example, to spend much time administering such a beast.  (He needs
to remain chained to his keyboard cranking out the next group of great
AmiBroker features!)
Now to a few questions:

Is there a minor formatting error in the quote importing window?
My version overwrites the file action with the percent complete.

Is there a way to open a new, empty, pristine workspace?  When I try
to open a new workspace the program goes into a save mode but does not
clear the current stocks.

When I trade I pay a flat commission per share or per contract.  Is
there a way to make that an option in the commission tables?

How do people generally handle data files such as .AQD files after they
have been loaded by AmiBroker?  Do you delete them? Zip and save them?
Rename them?

Is there an easy way to incorporate external data?  I would like to
use Investors Business Daily EPS and RS values to screen stocks.
It would be useful if there were the capability to store some "generic
factors" that could be applied to each stock.  Then users could employ
insider rankings, P/Es, P/Ss, IBD values, etc. at their own discretion.
These would need to be imported separately through an AFL program or entered
through the keyboard, as well.
Well, I'm rambling.  Enough for now.  Thanks to you all and especially,
thanks to Tomasz.
Regards,
-Tom McDaniel