Re: [amibroker] Sharing

Hi Tom,

Is there a minor formatting error in the quote importing
window?  My version overwrites the file action with the percent complete.

Well, I am not aware of it, butmay happen
with VERY long paths to the file(s).

Is there a way to open a new, empty, pristine
workspace?  When I try to open a new workspace the program goes intoa
save mode but does not clear the current stocks.
"File->New workspace" feature is provided to start
a new blank database.You should create a new folder using file dialog that
shows up andsave proposed broker.workspace file in that new
directory.When you do - full subdirectory structure will be createdin
the folderyou made and the stock list will be blank prepared to adding new
stocks

When I trade I pay a flat commission per share or per
contract.  Is there a way to make that an option in the commission
tables?
Unfortunatelly you can not (currently).

How do people generally handle data files such as .AQDfiles
after they have been loaded by AmiBroker?  Do you delete them? Zip and
save them? Rename them?
Personally I delete those files, I backup only
AmiBroker database, but you can keep them.

Is there an easy way to incorporate external data?  I
would like to use Investors Business Daily EPS and RS values to screen
stocks.  It would be useful if there were the capability to store some
"generic factors" that could be applied to each stock.  Then users could
employ insider rankings, P/Es, P/Ss, IBD values, etc. at their own
discretion.  These would need to be imported separately through an AFL
program or entered through the keyboard, as well.
You can only access some financial data fields
exposed by Automation object model:

FinanceIncome( number
Quarter ) : number
FinanceEBT( number