Re: [RT] Re: 30 year treasury issuance suspended

You've added another wrinkle - my
thinking was purely North American.  Hadn't thought about Japan. I wasn't
implying that people are living longer and need the security of fixed returns
for the long haul.  I was in fact suggesting the opposite.  Because of
different views towards retirement, it's possible that people will not seek to
clip coupons as their sole means of income.  Notwithstanding, the current
supply issue, gov'ts will provide supply where the demand is best.  They
get a better price when they feed demand.  Of course, they'd better get a
move on given what the current explosion in money supply and the likely fiscal
expansion will do to inflation and expected inflation.  Once the long end
starts to shift it's focus from supply to inflation, I wouldn't want to be long
the long end of the yield curve.

117?  Is that where you're a
seller?

Regards,
Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE
style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000080 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">