[RT] Re: 30 year treasury issuance suspended

I've given it plenty of thought.  Japanese boomers are about 10 years
older than us interms of demographics.  Nikkei topped out end of 1989
and now Japanese 10 year gov't bond yields are 1.3%.  UK has a
natural shortage of 30 year bonds because of actuarial requirements
of the life insurance companies.  UK gilt 30 years yield 20-30bp less
than 10 years.  That's why I've been long bonds since the announced
buyback early last year.  The markets are always looking for a theme
to jump on.  Right now, that theme is a shortage of bonds and an
aging population looking for fixed returns for the long haul because
just as you implied, people are living longer and need that security.
Bonds just touched 111.  Only 6 more points to get to 117.

--- In realtraders@xxxx, "Mike Higgs" <moongateca@xxxx> wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> Examine your views of boomers and retirement.  Retirement no longer
has the "gold watch at 65" definition.  Think about it and it's
impact on sell equities/buy bonds.

> Regards,
> Mike

Service.

Protect your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE guide: "Securing Your Website for business" Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M.WTOC/m1FDAA/cosFAA/zMEolB/TM