Re: [RT] Derivatives

Any instrument that is misused is bad.  A great deal of the problem comes from
the people that deal in derivatives.  They really don't understand the
practical, They only understand the theoretical.  Theoretical is fine when
teaching finance or economics in college, it doesn't really work that well in
the real world.  It is surprising how few people who deal with the simple
derivatives like calls and puts understand what they are doing.  How few of the
brokers that hype these options understand them and their uses.  A person with
an MBA or Ph.D., doesn't make him or her a derivatives expert.  I believe that
the banks should be in banking, not in stock, insurance and other financial
areas.  Didn't we learn anything from the 20s?  Insurance companies should
remain in the insurance business and the brokerage business should remain in
their areas of expertise.  Just one mans opinion.