From: Earl Adamy [mailto:eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2001 9:17 PM
To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RT] Derivatives

I sense perception of a gored goat, however I don't believe I said anything
about killing derivatives. I make my living trading derivatives (futures),
however I do so using more than adequate capital for the leverage I employ.
My comments were directed toward the size of bank derivative positions
relative to capital ... in the case of several banks, derivative positions
dwarfs total bank assets by 20:1-40:1 much less bank capital. While this may
be great for the banks and for the derivatives industry, I don't think that
the taxpayers and investors should get stuck will the bill for screw-ups ...
we they always do.

Earl