Re: [RT] S&P Moment of Truth

Don't overlook inflation.  It is the lurking factor that will kill this market
once it is recognized and acknowledged by the market.  Corporations have two
courses of action, raise prices to increase profits, or take their losses to
bankruptcy court.  You can only cut costs so much and reduce labor so much then
it starts to impact you at the bottom line also.  There has been a distinction
made by the government that the cost of living and inflation are two different
animals.  I believe that if it costs me more to live every year then that is
inflation.  Wheat is low but bread costs more.  Cattle prices a down or in the
mid range yet meat costs are up.  Where are lumber prices and the cost of
homes?  Health care costs are out of control and if you need medications or
prescription drugs you might need to take out a home equity loan, if you can
afford one. Hurrah, gas prices are dropping, but from where?  Here they are
dropping from $2.50 a gallon.  What happened to the screams that occurred when
gas jumped to a dollar?  Those in the east who use either heating oil or natural
gas, look out this winter, you could really understand about the difference
between the cost of living and the inflation rate if consumer prices don't drop
commensurate with the futures prices.  They haven't in the gas market.  The real
impact will hit when the dollar starts to fall.  Take a good look at our balance
of payments to get a general idea of where we could be heading.  No matter what
the economic condition there are stocks that will rally because of it and those
that will crash because of it.  So I always look both ways before I enter the
markets.  have a good week end.