Re: [RT] S&P Moment of Truth

Norman, I think you have it pretty well covered. Only addition I would make
is that the daily wave structure from the April low suggests the possibility
that the rally into the May high was a w.1 and this decline is a w.2,
setting up the bullish case for a strong rally i.e. w.3. I am rather dubious
regarding this scenario and will believe it if and when we take out the May
high. Still I do think we could get a pop here ... AGet is showing strong
time clustering for a possible high in late July so I doubt that any rally
is sustainable ... more likely an ABC correction and resumption of trend
down.

Overall, things are a bit murky regarding the price structure in the
equities market but on the whole the economic picture looks negative when
one attempts to peer beyond the latest economic release:

Positive
  Low short term interest rates
  Expansion of money supply
  Ingenuity and creativity
Negative
  Corporate earnings fattened by pension and option gimmicks
  Dividends remain very low
  High levels of corporate debt
  High levels of consumer debt
  Extreme high valuations of US stock indexes relative to earnings
  Extreme high valuation of US$
  Extreme reliance on service sector
  Extreme reliance on imports for manufactured goods

Under the circumstances, investors will likely find reward by remaining
defensive with a good measure of bonds. Unfortunately, the wave structure in
bonds, looks rather weak suggesting the bull market in bonds is over and
higher rates lie ahead ... major economic recovery or strong inflation.
Since I don't see a major economic recovery in the immediate future and
don't see further significant rise in inflation, I am assuming that this is
one of those times when the wave structure is providing bad information.

Earl