Re: [RT] email

On Wednesday, May 02, 2001, 1:12:07 PM, Dom Perrino wrote:

DP> TO ALL, I did not send any mail to the Group or to anyone on the
DP> group today.Something very unusual happened at about 210 est. I
DP> was on Q charts trading when a warning message popped up about
DP> something being wrong with OE. I opened up OE and there were a ton
DP> of email coming in from ME to RT. Some of the messages I
DP> recognized as having been send previously from group members .

I noticed the viruses, but didn't look at this stuff in detail as it
went by. It seems like the recent virus that others had, too. It sends
itself to those in your 'unopened' mail.

DP> I ran my anti virus scan. Everything was clean.

You might want to get an update. If that doesn't work, get another
program. :-)

DP> I did not open or manipulate any of the mail.

If it IS the recent virus, it DOES require that it be opened/run,
either automatically or by you. It might try its best to look
innocent. :-) The one that went by a virus or two ago was more clever
than most in making the message look real.

DP> Could someone explain what could have happened. Customer service
DP> could not. Could this have been an act of intentional sabotage?

Sounds like a 'normal' virus/trojan problem. Something 'nice looking'
is sent to you, and it is opened('looked at'), you got it, and it sent
itself to others. OE users seem to get these a lot.

ztrader