Re: [RT] GOLDEN TRIANGLES

On Tuesday, May 01, 2001, 11:01:07 PM, Norman Winski wrote:

Thanks for the detailed reply. As a lowly 'system' person, though, it
is a bit confusing.

NW>  Moon 180 Uranus @ 1:01 PM, May 1, 01 -

NW>   Given that the Moon start's to influence the market one hour
NW> ahead of an exact event, that is when I start looking for a
NW> pattern to trade. The ideal is a bell shape curve.

'Influence' sounds as though it could be anything - up, down, flat,
fast, slow, gap, etc. Is there any narrowing of the 'influence"' to
specific things? Are you saying that this 'influence' produces the
curve? Why the bell?

NW>   Last week, I was studying the market movement relative to the
NW> Venus Retrograde period, March 8 - April 20, got out my $5
NW> calculator and noticed that the legs were Fibonacci relationships.
NW> May  1, I was watching for the Moon 180 Uranus at 1:01 PM EDT and
NW> noticed the same type pattern. In both cases, the market returned
NW> to its starting price for the first time since departing, near the
NW> destination time.

I'm a tad confused as to the exact details, I'm afraid. What event(s)
define the start and end of the pattern?

NW> It is simply nothing less than amazing!

Please excuse my jaded view of amazing. It has been tempered by
looking at hundreds of statistically insignificant things over the
years. My statistical amazement starts up when it is rather
significant, and is really apparent when we get to the 1% range. :-)

NW> The Venus Retro case was skewed two days early due to the
NW> Greenspan Fed rate cut announcement.

There might be a problem in getting good stats if we allow too much
'slop'.

NW>   A golden triangle

Is this a necessary part of the pattern?

NW> Side 1 is to Side 2 as Side 2 is to Side 3.  The Venus Retrograde
NW> period shows two such Golden Triangle. The May 1 Moon - Uranus
NW> case shows another. Please note on the Venus Retrograde case how
NW> it looks like the market did a last minute hurry up spike on April

Can this be checked with, say, 100 cases to begin to get some stats?
Can it be defined well enough to try this by machine rather than
eyeball?

NW>  Generally, what I repeatedly learn in studying these patterns is
NW> that even when the planetary cycles don't reveal the exact turning
NW> points as I would ideally like,

Is there an estimate for how accurate they are? This is starting
toward real stats.

NW> they do offer valuable market information either in time or price.

Does this mean that we are taking into account all the 'patterns' tell
us or are there other patterns?

NW>   You are probably asking, how one can make any money with these
NW> patterns?

Not necessarily. It might be appropriate to just run stats to see if
it is statistically reliable. This might be a better start than trying
to put it in a full 'system'.

NW>   Let me know what you think.

I think there is a chance we might bridge the gap. :-)

NW> Amazedly,

NW> Norman

Thankfully,     :-)

ztrader