Re: [RT] Internet Quote Feed Vendors (Futures)

Take a free trial of Esignal. I have it sitting on my desk, next to my
quote.com...it is working great and quote.com has been awful this morning.

Tim Morge

At 11:40 AM 4/11/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Earl,
>
>Please share any finding you get to.  I have been with QCharts for two
>years as well and have the same complaints.  They are unresponsive.  Again
>this  morning I lost the data feed just as I was about to sell the market
>short.  It is happening all too often.
>
>Steve

>I'm re-evaluating quote feed vendors and looking for some feedback.
>
>a) QCharts - been using QCharts (now owned by Lycos) for over 2 years now
>and have stuck with it in spite of intermittent server farm problems for a
>number of reasons including: several years of intraday data on demand
>available on futures contracts (including expired), ability to mix real-time
>and delayed US futures and stock data depending on exchange subscriptions,
>excellent filtering of intraday data, and a very easy to use charting
>interface. QC obtains their data from S&P Comstock and frequently blames
>data issues and feed interruptions on Comstock. Conditions on QCharts
>continue to deteriorate due to staff cuts and lack of updating and I've got
>to find an alternative.
>
>b) eSignal - my data feed provider prior to QCharts. At the time I switched,
>eSignal quality was not as good as QCharts and eSignal frequently lagged
>QCharts by several seconds; however it's entirely possible that eSignal has
>fixed these problems. At the time, I used Ensign Windows with eSignal. My
>major problems in returning to eSignal are the lack of depth in intraday
>data on demand (I frequently build 60-240 minute charts which include 20-30
>days of data) and the lack of delayed intraday futures data for the NY
>futures exchanges to which I do not subscribe on real-time agreements. I
>believe eSignal maintains its own data plant. The Nov00 review of real-time
>feeds in Futures magazine gave eSignal good marks except for the inability
>to mix real-time and delayed futures data.
>
>c) CQGNet - appears to be rather complete however carries extreme premium
>pricing. The Nov00 review of real-time feeds in Futures magazine showed it
>to have among the worst error rates and low internet reliability.
>
>d) Bridge/FutureSource -  other traders have mentioned that Bridge appears
>to be in deep financial trouble so I'm reluctant to consider their new
>internet data feed which was not reviewed in Futures.
>
>Anything I've missed here?
>
>Earl

Rates are falling -- now is the time to Refinance!
IndyMac Bank guarantees to beat any mortgage by $300 or
they will pay you $300! Get your FREE quote here.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Eavf1C/7fYCAA/MPlEAA/zf_UlB/TM