Re: [RT] Internet Quote Feed Vendors (Futures)

Unfortunately there are many variables that can determine your experiences
with Internet data feeds.  The vast majority of the problems are
connectivity related and on the USER's end, not the providers.  Numerous
times I have seen my feed work perfectly while others complain of an outage
at the same time, and vice versa.

Internet access (and quality thereof) varies considerably depending upon
your location.  I am fortunate being able to get both DSL and Cable and
employ both on different PC's with different providers.  Regardless of what
options are available to you I would recommend some kind of redundancy (even
if it's dial-up) if you are going to rely on the Net for your data.  Sure
you can always call and close out a trade if your Net or provider has a
problem, but you will still be down and unable to trade until that problem
is resolved.  Having some sort of redundancy solves that problem and also
gives peace of mind.

Bob