Re: [RT] Internet Quote Feed Vendors (Futures)

Earl,

Please share any finding you get to.  I have been with QCharts for two years as well and have the same complaints.  They are unresponsive.  Again this  morning I lost the data feed just as I was about to sell the market short.  It is happening all too often.

Steve

>>> eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx 04/11/01 09:45AM >>>
I'm re-evaluating quote feed vendors and looking for some feedback.

a) QCharts - been using QCharts (now owned by Lycos) for over 2 years now
and have stuck with it in spite of intermittent server farm problems for a
number of reasons including: several years of intraday data on demand
available on futures contracts (including expired), ability to mix real-time
and delayed US futures and stock data depending on exchange subscriptions,
excellent filtering of intraday data, and a very easy to use charting
interface. QC obtains their data from S&P Comstock and frequently blames
data issues and feed interruptions on Comstock. Conditions on QCharts
continue to deteriorate due to staff cuts and lack of updating and I've got
to find an alternative.

b) eSignal - my data feed provider prior to QCharts. At the time I switched,
eSignal quality was not as good as QCharts and eSignal frequently lagged
QCharts by several seconds; however it's entirely possible that eSignal has
fixed these problems. At the time, I used Ensign Windows with eSignal. My
major problems in returning to eSignal are the lack of depth in intraday
data on demand (I frequently build 60-240 minute charts which include 20-30
days of data) and the lack of delayed intraday futures data for the NY
futures exchanges to which I do not subscribe on real-time agreements. I
believe eSignal maintains its own data plant. The Nov00 review of real-time
feeds in Futures magazine gave eSignal good marks except for the inability
to mix real-time and delayed futures data.

c) CQGNet - appears to be rather complete however carries extreme premium
pricing. The Nov00 review of real-time feeds in Futures magazine showed it
to have among the worst error rates and low internet reliability.

d) Bridge/FutureSource -  other traders have mentioned that Bridge appears
to be in deep financial trouble so I'm reluctant to consider their new
internet data feed which was not reviewed in Futures.

Anything I've missed here?

Earl

Rates are falling -- now is the time to Refinance!
IndyMac Bank guarantees to beat any mortgage by $300 or
they will pay you $300! Get your FREE quote here.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Eavf1C/7fYCAA/MPlEAA/zf_UlB/TM