Re: realtime internet quote service

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Streaming quotes are not enough.&nbsp; You need
real-time charting capabilities to be a daytrader (for position trading only,
you don't even need the real-time quotes).&nbsp; There are lots of good packages
out there and they're well worth the premium you pay vs. quotes only.&nbsp; I
use DBC Stockedge ($99 per month), but there are a number of others which are
supposed to be equally good.&nbsp; Many have risk-free one-month trial periods
and there are traders who switch service providers every month and never have to
incur a service fee (far too problematic to appeal to me - the income you lose
while spending time learning the intricacies of a new system is arguably far
more costly than the service itself). I'm thinking of switching to a
point-and-click system like JPR Capital or MBT, but I have to make sure my now
refined approach justifies the added cost, which is a much bigger jump than that
from quotes only to charting capability.&nbsp; If you want to research the
possibilities on your own, take a look at a magazine like Individual Investor or
simply check the Websites, which follow logically for the most part (<A
href="http://www.mbt.com";>www.mbt.com</A>, <A
href="http://www.jprcapital.com";>www.jprcapital.com,</A> <A
href="http://www.dbc.com";>www.dbc.com</A>, etc.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Good luck.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Paul Szilassy</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT><FONT face=Arial
size=2><B></B></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><B>-----Original Message-----</B><BR><B>From:
</B>Ketayun &lt;<A
href="mailto:ketayun@xxxxxxxxxxx";>ketayun@xxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>To:
</B>RealTraders Discussion Group &lt;<A
href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>Date:
</B>Tuesday, October 20, 1998 10:02 AM<BR><B>Subject: </B>realtime internet
quote service<BR><BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"></FONT>Hi,

    <P>I currently use North American Quotes for realtime streaming quotes and
    am somewhat satisfied. However their audio alerts do not,:-)), and there are
    some other bugs.
    <P>Any suggestions for a similar service, which also has multiple TOS and
    charts available on a single screen?
    <P>Thanks,
    <P>Ketayun </P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Tue Oct 20 10:53:44 1998